Bosses are battles in which multiple players can attack the same target. These battles usually last multiple days in which the players spend their stamina to attack the bosses. Killing a boss rewards the player with many pieces of awesome loot, depending on how many 'points' you earn. There are also a number of Achievements that can be earned by killing bosses.
The bosses can be accessed by tapping on the stamina icon and selecting one of the boss options; boss list or summon boss. Once in the bosses screen, the 'Yours' tab shows any bosses that you are currently taking part in. The 'Public' tab shows other players bosses which you can join. Finally, the 'Create' tab shows a list of all the bosses that you can summon.
Legend Bosses have three summoning requirements: a cell phone, a passport, and having earned at least a 2-star rating on an associated boss. Even those who attempt to join an existing Legends boss must meet the latter two requirements. The passport is consumed when joining the battle.
Most boss battles have a number of stages, with one or more foes in each stage. Each foe has a class (see below). You can choose which enemy to attack, how much stamina to spend and whether to use a normal attack or the special attack from your class. The enemy will do damage to one of the people attacking it if it survives your attack. Once an enemy is down to a certain level of health, you will have the option to execute them.
The following lieutenants have powers that specifically affect boss fights:
When you join a battle, you choose your class for that battle. Each foe you meet also has a class. Certain classes do additional damage when they use their class-specific attack against certain other classes:
- Enforcers do extra damage against assassins.
- Assassins do extra damage against heavy weapons.
- Heavy Weapons do extra damage against snipers.
- Snipers do extra damage against enforcers.
There are currently 24 bosses in the game, 13 Job Bosses:
- Alpha in the Slums area
- The Uncorrupted in the Train Tracks area
- Bone Breakers in the Midtown area
- 'Ghost Killer' in the Meatpack area
- Victor's Demolishers in the Downtown area
- 'The Titan' in the Westside area
- 'The Mastermind' in the Italy area
- 'Doomsday' in the Russia area
- Dragon Core in the Hong Kong area
- Knights Templar in the France area
- Death Cartel in the Mexico area
- Death Dealers in the Las Vegas area
- The 4 Deadly Assassins in the Japan area
- Skull Soldier can be summoned with a Skull Ring
- Skull Elite can be summoned with a Skull Watch
- Skull King can be summoned with a Skull Medallion
- The Illuminati can be summoned with a Stolen Painting
- Red Phoenix Clan can be summoned with a Stolen Diamond
- The Medellin Resurrection can be summoned with an Ancient Statue
and 1 Event Boss:
- Million Man Boss ran from 1-8 July 2014